Kearneysville,West Virginia
1.5

Bought "new" only to learn later it wasn't REALLY new because it had a very few miles put on as a demo. At 4K miles had it towed to the dealership because it spun a rod (covered under warranty).

Took the car to the dealership to have a final oil change before the warranty expired only to be told it would cost us because the car wasn't new when we bought it! We were eventually reimbursed by mini because the car was presented to us as new when we bought it and nowhere in the paperwork was it stated the car was anything but new. At 43K miles the car was towed to the local repair shop that all the local mini owners swear by (dealership is a 1 1/2 hour drive). New ignition coils and spark plugs: $715.00.

Today, at just over 44K miles, the seat belt/airbag light came on. Local shop tested and the verdict is a bad seat belt sensor, the one under the passenger seat. There have been thousands and thousands of recalls for this problem in other year vehicles...but not for 2012. Estimate cost for repair w/tax: $1,174.27.

That is almost 2K worth of repairs within a 2 week period on a car that doesn't even had 45K miles on it. Yes, it's truly a blast to drive, but I'm seriously thinking of getting rid of it and getting something else.

The owner of the shop I've been taking the mini to told me he has had to replace head gaskets on several minis with less then 50K miles. If these types of repairs are what I have to look forward to...the fun driving factor isn't worth the price.

Product or Service Mentioned: 2012 Bmw Mini Cooper Car.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Fun to drive.

I didn't like: Expensive repair that i feel should be covered under a recall.

Comments